Saturday, September 28, 2019

Day +66

ugh, another set back.
Platelet level dropped again. If it gets to 10 or below, I’ll need a transfusion
Since it’s below 50, I’m considered a fall risk. ( There’s a risk of bleeding out if I bruise or cut myself).
So needless to say, I’m in lockdown, and being closely watched.

Apparently there is Bulsulfin (chemo drug) still in my system, and the doctors know that this is the issue. They said this happens to 80% of transplant patients around the 30 to 60 day range.

Got into a bit of a funk the last couple of days,  but my caregiver helped me snap out of it!
Plus, I have my therapy dogs!




4 comments:

JoAnn said...

Time to just stay home. Not worth the risk. When will you get PRP? Keeping ya in my prayers.

Deanna said...

Sorry to hear this, Joe! You are doing awesome though and are so inspiring! Your dogs are so cute.

Diane said...

Oh no...healing takes time. Prayers

Unknown said...

Joe, sending lots of healing thoughts! From Karen, end user support 😘