Friday, November 8, 2019

Day +107

Doing well!šŸ‘
Blood labs (metabolic panel & CBC) are looking great. Platelets are slowly coming up, but since they are still under 50, I’m still a fall and bleeding risk. So I can’t do my usual risky behavior!
The slow recovery could now be the scarring in the bone marrow, which will go away in about a year or so. Think about it as a rock garden, can’t really grow anything there, but my body is trying.

Hemoglobin at 11.6! (Normal range is 13.2 - 16.6. ) Cant wait to be normal! ( insert your own joke here šŸ˜)

Still on 2 visits a week at mayo, while they monitor. Mostly for labs, talk to the doctor, and dressing changes for the power port.
Energy is great, and I’m back down to my fighting weight. šŸ’Ŗ

Marathon no where near over, but feeling great at the current pace!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will pass on the "normal " and leave that to your siblings and fiends, I mean friends. This so far has been an eyeopener for me.Usually you hear about stem cell transplants, but never about what the person goes thru after. Keep up that positive attitude. GCG. Prayers always. Love ya. Mom