Sunday, November 17, 2019

Day +116

Doing great! Just waiting for these platelets to bounce back. Last lab results on Tuesday  did show they were on the rise. (They were at 30 on Tuesday up from 16, still a fall risk) All other lab results look good.
Since all is on the up and up, I’m finally getting my three lumen power port removed on Wednesday. I’ll get a bag of platelets before the procedure.  I’ve had this thing on me since July! I don’t really notice it any more except for having to cover it before jumping in the shower, and the weekly dressing changes / line flushes.
Now it’s just routine labs, and visits with the primary care doctor. Another pulmonary function test in a couple weeks. Still on a handful of meds every day. Probably will be for awhile, until my immune system comes back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. Mantra for you.. Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better....GCG..... Love good news. Hugs Mom

Karin said...

Hey Joe! Glad to hear you're improving, we really miss you at work and hope to see you back here soon!