Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Day + 6

Doing well, really well.
Doctors and nurses impressed that I am doing so well and tell me to keep it up. The key is getting out of bed and staying active throughout the day. (Well, as active as I can be in a hospital room) I take daily 20-30 minute walks around the 4th floor pod.
So far (knock on wood) , I have not been that  impacted by the horror show of symptoms I could have gotten from the chemo.
A little indigestion, like heart burn and feeling tired here and there. Nothing that some Malox, and a nap can’t fix!
My goal is to be outta here by Saturday, but that might be a little aggressive. (According to the nurse)

Had a fresh bag of platelets for breakfast, and may get some blood tomorrow depending on labs.

Go cells go!

Oh, and thank god for Shark Week!


5 comments:

JoAnn said...

Well that sounds good! Happy for the system check! Get that rocket made and blast out of there!!!

Colleen said...

Go Cells! Keep up the good work. Up next a Sharknado movie marathon :) Now when is the next Sharknado moving coming out :o

Unknown said...

Don't forget The Bachelorette Finale is on tonight Part 2

Bruce Hunter said...

Go Joe, Go Cells, God Bless Joe Sworan! Thinking of you daily friend!

Not your family member said...

A body in motion stays in motion
Glad you are doing so well and haven't had any bad side effects from the chemo. Keep it up...who knows maybe they will set you free this weekend.
I want to second whoever mentioned about the bachelorette finale tonight. Go Tyler Go... I mean, Go Cells Go!