Friday, January 3, 2020

Day +162

Happy New Year!
The month of December was not fun.
I could deal with a bit of a rash on my chest and back, and the eye issues, but when it hits my guts, that’s the worst. Couldn’t eat (Nausea), and had stomach and intestinal cramps. It’s very debilitating, and fatiguing. Terrible thing to have around the holidays and all that yummy holiday food!) Lost about 30 lbs. (I don’t recommend this diet)
Saw the doctor on Wednesday and she bumped up my steroids. ( I asked about 2 weeks ago, but was told to wait. I was very frustrated)
Feeling better, and slowly starting to eat more now. But now I’m all hopped up on steroids, but I’ll take it. I’ve just increased my activity and that helps.
Good news - blood labs are looking good and my hair is coming back!

Looking forward to better days.

Since everybody is different, there is no timetable for when the chronic GVHD will stop.
Right now I’ll take every good day I get!



2 comments:

Diane said...

Happy New Year to you and family
Hope it's a better healthier year for you.

Deanna said...

Hi Joe! So sorry to hear this. We're definitely all thinking about you! We some t-shirts today and I saved one for you.